Former Auburn basketball star, NBA player joins Ice Cube's 'BIG3' basketball league

Playing at Auburn from 1999-2003, Daniels was most known for his defensive intensity

Former Auburn basketball star Marquis Daniels has joined rapper, actor and entrepreneur Ice Cube's "BIG3" basketball league for its second season. The BIG3 gained popularity with its inaugural season in the summer of 2017.

The league is primarily filled with retired NBA players, including former All-Stars Allen Iverson and Chauncey Billups among others. Games are played in a half-court 3-on-3 format as opposed to the ordinary full-court 5-on-5 you would typically see in the NBA.

Daniels, along with many other former NBA talents, entered the BIG3 draft pool for the 2018 season and, if selected to a team, will play on one of the league's eight teams as each team is expected to increase their roster from five to six players.

The BIG3's 2018 season is set to premiere on June 22, 2018 and will broadcast on Fox and FS1 on Friday nights.

At 37, Daniels is past his NBA days, last playing in the league in 2013 for the Milwaukee Bucks. 

Playing at Auburn from 1999-2003, Daniels was most known for his defensive intensity. Daniels led Auburn squad to a Sweet 16 appearance in 2003 and a one-point loss to Carmelo Anthony and eventual champion Syracuse.

Despite being undrafted coming out of college, Daniels was quickly picked up by the Dallas Mavericks and, after a solid rookie season, Daniels was named to the NBA All-Rookie Second Team. Daniels enjoyed a 10-year NBA career with four different teams.

The former Auburn Tiger is vocal in his support of Auburn Athletics, specifically the basketball team. Away from basketball, Daniels has enjoyed a successful rap career under the stage name "Q6."

Share and discuss “Former Auburn basketball star, NBA player joins Ice Cube's 'BIG3' basketball league” on social media.