Tigers at Men's Tennis

The Auburn men's tennis team hosted the fall SEC Tournament at the Yarbrough Tennis Center Friday, Oct. 23 through Sunday Oct. 25.

Auburn swept its opening three doubles matches, with Marko Krickovic and Edward Nguyen defeated Arkansas’ Johan Den Toom and Will Albanese 8-2. Joseph Van Dooren and Conner Huertas del Pino defeated Mississippi State’s Niclas Braun and Vaughn Hunter 8-2. Viboosh Chandrasekar and Max Sivalls were 8-2 winners over Jack Heslin and Marshal Sullivan of Tennessee.

In the A draw of the singles opening round, Huertas del Pino lost to Florida’s Elliot Orkin 6-4, 7-5 and Krickovic was defeated in three sets by Tennessee’s Igor Smelyanski 6-1, 3-6, 7-5. Dante Saleh was topped by Florida’s McClain Kessler 6-1, 6-2.

Van Dooren defeated Arkansas’ Jacob Herndon 7-5, 6-3 in opening match of B draw, but fell to Pen Binet of Vandy 7-6, 6-1 in the round of 16. Nguyen lost his round of 16 match 6-4, 6-4 to Arkansas’ Juan Marino. Max Sivalls lost to Vandy’s Alex Ross in the round of 32. Hayes Brewer of Alabama defeated Chandrasekar 6-3, 6-4.

In the second day of tournament play, Van Dooren and Huertas del Pino fell 8-4 to Orkin and Maxx Lipman of Florida in the A draw. Krickovic and Nguyen were also defeated by Rhys Johnson and Pen Binet in the A bracket.

Chandrasekar and Sivalls were defeated 8-2 by Joshua Wardell and McClain Kessler of Florida.

In the B singles consolation draw, Nguyan won his quarterfinal match 6-1, 2-6, 6-1 over Arkansas' David Herrerias. He was defeated in the semifinals 2-6, 6-3, 7-5 by Langford Hills of Alabama. Van Dooren fell in his match against Vanderbilt's Tate Allwardt 2-6, 6-3, 7-6. Sivalls fell to Tennesee's Marshall Sullivan 6-0, 6-4 and Chandrasekar lot to Chari Vikram of Vanderbilt 6-3, 6-3.

Sunday, Dante Saleh, Huertas Del Pino and Sivalls all represented Auburn by participating in consolation rounds. Saleh defeated Sam Edwards and Spencer Richey of Alabama. Huertas del Pino was a 7-5, 6-3 winner over Edwards, and Sivalls earned a 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 victory over Sullivan of Tennessee.

Krickovic and Nguyen defeated Harrison O'Keefe and Thomas Mayronne of South Carolina 8-2 in consolation doubles, while Chandrasekar and Sivalls fell to Rishab Agarwal and Trevor Foshey of Mississippi State 8-2.

No Auburn players were crowned with champion titles. The Tigers will return to action Friday, Oct. 30, at the FGCU Fall Tournament in Fort Meyers, Florida. 

Share and discuss “Tigers at Men's Tennis ” on social media.