Ready to dance: Where No. 17 Auburn projects in current bracketology

If Auburn keeps up its SEC dominance, it could make the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2003

The No. 1 team in the SEC has used the conference's top offense (86.5 points per game) to create an unblemished, 4-0 mark in the SEC to start the season.

The nation has taken notice of college basketball's longest winning streak of 14 by Tigers, and "Bracketology" experts have weighed in on where Auburn will be placed in the NCAA Tournament.

Bruce Pearl's squad became ranked for the first time since Jan. 20, 2003 last week after defeating the Ole Miss. Auburn then went on the road to down the Rebels' cross-state rivals Mississippi State to earn a No. 17 ranking, the highest since Feb. 21, 2000.

During Auburn’s 14-game tear, the Tigers have outshot opponents .455-.402, while outrebounding to the tune of a 41.0-34.2 advantage.

No. 17 Auburn is looking for its first 5-0 start in SEC play since 1998-99. The team has only won its opening five games in league play three times in program history (5-0, 1999; 5-0, 1965; 12-0, 1959).

Every test that the seemingly invincible Tigers have faced in the conference, they've passed with flying colors. However, none will be as emotionally-charged as a date with bitter rival Alabama.

Avery Johnson's Crimson Tide (11-6, 3-2 SEC) have had an roller coaster start to the season, but seem to be back on track after back-to-back conference victories. Auburn has shown itself to be a better team this season, but the raw talent of Alabama's starting lineup has the potential to give the Tigers fits.

Collin Sexton will get his. If Auburn can't figure out ways to defend John Petty, Dazon Ingram or Braxton Key as consistently as it has defended this year, it could be a long night in Tuscaloosa.

With the basketball Iron Bowl looming, insiders and experts are in full swing of the projection season of the sport. As shown by the below predictions, if Auburn keeps up its SEC dominance, it could make the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2003.

ESPN | Joe Lunardi

EAST: No. 4 Auburn vs. No. 13 Vermont (San Diego, Calif.)

CBS SPORTS | Jerry Palm

EAST: No. 2 Auburn vs. No. 15 Radford (Dallas, Texas)

SB NATION | Chris Dobbertean

SOUTH: No. 3 Auburn vs. No. 14 Louisiana (Nashville, Tenn.)

WASHINGTON POST | Patrick Stevens

SOUTH: No. 4 Auburn vs. No. 13 East Tennessee State (Boise, Idaho)

NBC SPORTS | Dave Ommen

EAST: No. 4 Auburn vs. No. 13 Louisiana (San Diego, Calif.)

Share and discuss “Ready to dance: Where No. 17 Auburn projects in current bracketology” on social media.