Will Jarrett Stidham enter the NFL draft or stay at Auburn in 2018?

Stidham has continually said that he hasn't thought about the decision, but now that the season is over, he only has until Jan. 15 to make his decision

Sophomore quarterback Jarrett Stidham has a decision to make regarding his future football career. 

After going 28/43 for 331 yards, two interceptions and a fumble against Central Florida on Monday, Stidham is facing the option of either entering the NFL draft or staying at Auburn for the 2018 season. 

"I haven't really thought about it much," Stidham said regarding his decision. "I'm about to go hunting for three days out in the middle of nowhere, right north of Mexico."

Stidham has continually said that he hasn't thought about the decision, but now that the season is over, he only has until Jan. 15 to make his decision.

"I'll dig deep into it over the next (few) weeks," Stidham said. 

After taking a year off from football before transferring to Auburn from Baylor, Stidham fits the requirement for being three years removed from high school before entering the NFL. 

The quarterback had an impressive first season with Auburn, going 218/327 passing for 2827 yards and 17 touchdowns, adding four touchdowns on the ground. 

Stidham also discussed the future of star running back Kerryon Johnson.

"It's his life, his decision," Stidham said of Johnson. "I think he's a hell of a football player, obviously. I'm going to support him, whatever he decides. 

"He's not only a phenomenal football player but a phenomenal person, and he deserves everything that's coming his way," Stidham said. "If he decides to stay, great. If he decides to leave, good for him." 

Both players are facing a critical decision in the next two weeks, and each of their decisions will have a major impact on Auburn's football team in 2018. 

Each position has multiple players who can take over the starting role, but it's clear that Stidham and Johnson are both special football players. 

If either of these players choose to return, they can expect to see their name near the top of every Heisman list for next season. A return for either player would also increase Auburn's chances of making next year's College Football Playoff. 

As the January 15 deadline approaches, the college and professional football worlds will be eyeing each of these decisions very closely. For Stidham and Johnson, the time to think is now. 

Share and discuss “Will Jarrett Stidham enter the NFL draft or stay at Auburn in 2018?” on social media.