Brown could return Wednesday night vs. Kentucky

Bryce Brown could be back Wednesday night, head coach Bruce Pearl discussed Tuesday afternoon.

Auburn’s leading scorer, who is averaging 16.8 points per game on a team-high average 30.8 minutes, injured his right shoulder following a dunk in a loss to Texas A&M last Wednesday.

If Brown is able to practice with contact Tuesday, Pearl said, the junior will be able to play.

“I think Bryce is going to try to go today, but no contact," Pearl said. “He's shooting a little bit, he's moving a little bit and he's got a better chance to play on Wednesday than he did obviously Saturday."

The head coach said Brown “really wasn’t close” to playing in Saturday’s 17-point win over Georgia.

And an ability to dunk is not a requirement for Pearl.

Continue reading below

“It would be defensively or things like that if he gets it thrown back again, how does he feel about that?" Pearl said. "He's got to be able to hit and he'll be able to go."

Since the injury, Brown has progressed from having his shoulder being “really pretty swollen and really, really sore” to being able to put shots up Tuesday.

The Stone Mountain, Georgia native appeared enthusiastic, but Pearl still questions his mobility in advance of a meeting with Kentucky.

"He wasn't able to function as far as his mobility. He has the mobility now, but then the question is going to be does he have the stability?"

Brown currently leads the SEC in 3-pointers made with 81 on an eighth-best and career-high 41.5 3-point percentage. He trails Wesley Person for the all-time Auburn record for career 3-pointers made by 47.

Share and discuss “Brown could return Wednesday night vs. Kentucky” on social media.