Six candidates run for College of Human Sciences senator, schools council

Four students are running for Human Sciences senator and two are running for schools council

Human Sciences senator

Ada Ruth Huntley — Senator

Humans for Auburn — Sophomore in nutrition, pre-dietetics

"I would be honored to represent the College of Human Sciences (COHS) in the Student Senate. As Senator for the College of Human Sciences, I aim to support and advocate for the needs of students and faculty alike within my college. I will strive to build relationships between students in the COHS and Senate Board. I will serve students in three primary ways: (1) foster community among COHS students, (2) encourage academic excellence in students and (3) increase/improve study resource involvement in Spidle. I look forward to the election and wish everyone luck. War Eagle!"

Chapman Giles — Senator

Chapman Giles did not respond to requests for comment.

Catherine Maige — Senator

Sophomore in nutrition, pre-med

"I believe our college's accomplishments in every major discipline deserve to be widely applauded. I want to make our college STAND OUT, and to represent what our college values as a whole--research, wellness, human studies, design and creativity, and international perspective." 

Gloor Gable — Senator

Freshman in global studies in human sciences

"My campaign stems from the belief that there is no deeper expression of commitment to our school than to work to enhance Auburn so that students & the university realize their greatest potential together. The College of Human Sciences focuses on improving the everyday experience of people. If elected, I will strive to enrich student life across all spectrums from game day, to academics, activities on campus, wherever YOUR ultimate AU experience is. Students are the heart and soul of AU and as a Senator I will ensure the SGA is implementing ways to make your experience Gloorious in all areas."

Human Sciences schools council

Ashley Johnson — President

Humans for Auburn

Ashley Johnson did not respond to requests for comment.

Rushton Davis — Vice President

Humans for Auburn

Rushton Davis did not respond to requests for comment.

Share and discuss “Six candidates run for College of Human Sciences senator, schools council” on social media.