Prevail expands coffee shop in RBD Library

The cafe has the same coffee options as the Prevail from downtown. Students can also buy snack items such as chips, candy, crackers and baked goods.

Prevail Union coffee shop moved from the first floor of Ralph Brown Draughon Library to RBD Cafe, replacing the spot originally planned for Panera Bread.

Prevail will stay in that location until the end of the semester, said Jake McFarland, a barista and manager there. 

“And then up in the air until wherever we’re told to go,” he said.

Gwen Ward with Tiger Dining said they have plans to move Prevail to Foy Hall in the fall.

The cafe has the same coffee options as the Prevail that was formerly downtown. Students can also buy snack items such as chips, candy, crackers and baked goods.

“We’ve added the sandwiches and muffins and stuff like that from Tiger Dining, so we’ll be able to get more of a meal here instead of just coffee, which I think students will appreciate,” McFarland said. “But as far as what we’re doing, everything’s the same from across the street.”

The downtown location of Prevail closed earlier this year after the landlord began renovations on the building. Prevail currently only exists in the library and in a shop in Montgomery. McFarland said he isn’t sure if the coffee shop will open back up downtown after the building finishes its renovations.

“We’re, right now, just expecting to be on campus and working from here,” he said.

McFarland said they found out they would be moving from their downstairs location a week before spring break, and they were excited to move upstairs in a more "cafe feel."

Many of the Auburn student body had expressed excitement for a Panera opening on campus, but McFarland said they have received good feedback.

“Most of the students we’ve talked to are really excited we’re here as well, and that’s been really encouraging to see,” he said. 

Share and discuss “Prevail expands coffee shop in RBD Library” on social media.