Brown to test NBA Draft waters

“I’m not sure there is a player in college basketball who has improved more over the last three years than Bryce Brown."

Auburn’s second leading scorer last season will test the NBA Draft waters.

Bryce Brown became the fourth Auburn player to declare for the 2018 NBA Draft as the junior announced his decision Wednesday morning.

Brown, like his teammates Jared Harper and Austin Wiley, will not sign an agent, allowing him to keep his eligibility, if he so chooses, for his senior season.

“I want to thank God for everything he has done for me and the way he has led me,” Brown said. “I had a dream to play in the NBA one day and I want to pursue that dream. Testing the waters will be a great opportunity for me and my family to see where I’m at in the process.

“I want to thank my teammates and my coaches for putting me in great situations to succeed and show what I can do on the court. I want to thank the fans and the Auburn family as well. Together, we created something special this past season with the best home-court advantage in the country.”

Brown averaged 15.9 points per game last season for the Tigers and became the 36th player in program history to score 1,000 points in his career.

A Naismith Trophy Top 30 honoree, Brown led the Tigers to a program record 324 three-pointers, passing the previous mark of 289 in 2016-17. Brown buried 107 threes – the second-most in single-season history – and moved into second on the career three-pointers list with 241 buckets from beyond the arc.

Brown was named First Team All-SEC by the Associated Press and Second Team All-SEC by the SEC’s coaches.

“I’m not sure there is a player in college basketball who has improved more over the last three years than Bryce Brown,” Auburn head coach Bruce Pearl said. “He is an elite shooter, an improved playmaker and a great defender. We’re really excited for this opportunity for Bryce.”

Brown is the sixth player to leave the Auburn program, joining Mustapha Heron, Harper and Wiley in the NBA Draft process. Davion Mitchell and Desean Murray each announced their intentions to transfer following Auburn’s historic season.

Share and discuss “Brown to test NBA Draft waters” on social media.