Former Auburn forward Desean Murray transferring to Western Kentucky

After announcing that he would leave to play his final season elsewhere earlier this month, Auburn forward Desean Murray announced his decision to transfer to Western Kentucky this morning on his personal Twitter.

The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers were 27-11 last season and nearly made the NIT Championship game before being edged 69-64 by Utah in the tournament's Final Four. 

Murray played one season with the Tigers as a transfer from Presbyterian, where he averaged 15.7 and 20.2 points in his first two years. Murray redshirted the 2016-2017 season, following NCAA transfer rules.

During Auburn's historic 2017-2018 season, Murray was a key contributor on both sides of the court. Often being called a smaller Charles Barkley, Murray was consistently seen guarding taller opponents.

Murray averaged 10.1 points and 6.7 rebounds per game this season and started every game.

*Editor's note: This story initially said Western Kentucky "missed the postseason" in reference to the NCAA Tournament. The story has been corrected to show that the Hilltoppers made a Final Four run in the 2018 NIT. We apologize for the error. 

Share and discuss “Former Auburn forward Desean Murray transferring to Western Kentucky” on social media.