Greek sing dances the night away with standout performances

The annual Greek Sing showcase brought down the Auburn Arena once again on April 10. 

This event had a total of 20 performances, with 18 of those performances from Auburn’s sororities and special performances from AU Rhythm and Best Buddies.

The event began with an introduction of the judges, who were found on both sides of the ground floor and the upper deck of the Arena.

After the introductions, Alpha Delta Pi made their way out to the floor to perform a number based on the film "The Wizard of Oz." Their performance called “There’s No Place Like ADPI” had performers dressed as munchkin like characters and four soloists in Dorothy, Tin Man, The Cowardly Lion, and The Scarecrow costumes.

Following them were Chi Omega who performed a number titled “Villains.” Their routine consisted of costumes inspired by The Joker, where they even used the signature Joker card as props.

Next to perform was Alpha Gamma Delta for “Mother Knows Best.” Their performance was based on classic nursery rhymes. A large “Mother Goose” pictured book was used as a prop for the performers.

Sigma Sigma Sigma continuing the night by doing their performance of “Sigma’s Cinema.” This performance was based on signature movie and soundtracks. This group used a variety of props during their performance.

Next to perform was Kappa Alpha Theta, who did a performance titled “The Storm.” Kappa Alpha Theta made their performance tribal like, where their ultimate goal was to “survive the storm.”

Following was Delta Zeta with their performance of “Jewel ThievΔZ.” The performers dressed as burglars and performed to songs about jewelry.

Alpha Chi Omega was next to perform, and they did a performance titled “Go Alpha Chi, It’s Ya Birthday.” Alpha Chi Omega did a birthday performance and even finished by forming into a birthday cake with a prop candle in the middle.

Next was Gamma Phi Beta, who did “Phame & Phortune.” Their performance was based on the rich life, where they even showcased themselves in gold colored attire.

After Gamma Phi Beta was Kappa Kappa Gamma. They did “KKΓ loves the Tigers.” This performance was based off of Auburn football games, with half of the performers dressed as football players and the other half as band members.

Next to perform was Pi Beta Phi, who did “It’s PHInally Summertime.” Pi Beta Phi did a beach themed performance with beach balls included.

Following was Kappa Delta. Their performance was titled “Pirates of the KΔribbean,” which performers dressed in pirate attire.

Keeping the night going was Sigma Kappa, who did “RiSKy Business.” Their performance was based on the film "Risky Business," where the performances were dressed in the classic film attire.

Next to perform was Alpha Xi Delta, who did “9 to 5.” This performance was based on work and even included The Office theme song.

The lineup continued with Delta Gamma’s performance of “Battle for the Crown.” Their performance was about the royal life and the “battle for the crown.”

Next was Zeta Tau Alpha with their performance of “ZweeT dreAms.” The performers were dressed in bedtime wear.

Phi Mu performed next to “Phi Mu and the Seven Dwarves.” Phi Mu did a performance based on the film "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs," where the performers were dressed as dwarf characters from the movie.

Following Phi Mu was Alpha Omicron Pi with the performance of “AOProm Queens.” Their performance was about the prom queen getting crowned

To end the sorority performances was Delta Delta Delta with their performance of “Pyramid Pyramid Pyramid,” which was Egyptian themed.

After all the sororities performed, AU Rhythm took the floor to perform their dance number.

Following AU Rhythm was Best Buddies, whom finished the night of performances.

“I think it was a real honor to be included in this event,” said Morgan Borrelli, who performed in the Best Buddies performance.

After all the performances and judges finished tallying their scores, the winners were announced.

The winner of the Facebook photo challenge was Alpha Xi Delta. The winner of the Creativity Award went to Alpha Chi Omega.

“We were kind of nervous about it at the beginning and it took a lot of hard work and practice, but I think it ended up doing pretty well.” Sammy Dawson

The winners of the Director’s Award was Sarah Benton from Sigma Sigma Sigma. The winners of the President’s Award went to Alpha Delta Pi.

The top five performances of the night were then announced with the help of special guest Aubie. Fifth place went to Kappa Delta, fourth place was Alpha Gamma Delta, third place was Gamma Phi Beta, second place was Alpha Omicron Pi, and first place was Phi Mu.

“We’ve been working so hard on this, since January, and after putting in all the hard work, this is just something that makes it really worth it all in the end,” said performer for Phi Mu, Caroline Pond. 

Share and discuss “Greek sing dances the night away with standout performances ” on social media.