Auburn reserve pitcher Kara Bilodeau transferring to Florida State

For the third time since Mickey Dean officially became head coach of Auburn’s softball team last September, a player has transferred out.

Kara Bilodeau, an upcoming sophomore, announced her new home in Tallahassee as a Florida State Seminole on Monday afternoon via Instagram.

Super excited about the next chapter #gonoles❤️

A post shared by Kara Bilodeau (@kara_bilodeau) on

Bilodeau leaves Auburn with three returning pitchers -- senior Makayla Martin, junior Ashlee Swindle and sophomore Chardonnay Harris -- after senior all-time wins leader Kaylee Carlson graduated. In Auburn’s only meeting this year against Florida State in the 2018 Tallahassee Regional, Auburn fell 2-1 to in eight innings as the result of a walk-off inside-the-park home run.

In just 10 appearances during her freshman year, Bilodeau didn’t allow a single run. The Cumming, Georgia, product contributed 12 Ks and five walks while also pitching in for eight shutout efforts.

In her college debut Feb. 16 against Delaware, Bilodeau struck out two batters in just one inning of relief, resulting in a 15-0 win. In her first SEC appearance against Texas A&M, she pitched a season high two innings.

When facing Bilodeau, opposing teams were held to a .086 batting average.

Bilodeau is two-time All-State and an All-Conference selection. In 2016, she was second team high school All-American and USA Select First All-American.

In the summer of 2017, Bilodeau played on Team Canada’s Junior team. As of now, she currently on the roster of Team Canada’s Senior Team.

Share and discuss “Auburn reserve pitcher Kara Bilodeau transferring to Florida State” on social media.