Newly-crowned SEC champions headed to Norman Regional

The No. 8 Auburn men’s golf team is set to make its 27th postseason appearance all-time as the Tigers were selected to the NCAA Norman Regional.

The Norman Regional, hosted by the University of Oklahoma, will take place May 14-16 in Norman, Okla. Auburn is the two seed and is one of 14 teams at the site. The top five teams and one individual from the regional will advance to the 2018 NCAA Championship in Stillwater, Okla., May 25-30.

“I’m really proud of the guys,” head coach Nick Clinard said. “We get another opportunity to go to the NCAA Championship. We need to go up to Norman, Oklahoma and take care of business. It is a great golf course, there will be a lot of great programs and we’re looking forward to the opportunity.”

The Norman Regional will take place at the Jimmy Austin OU Golf Club – a par 72, 7,452-yard course.

After earning automatic qualification by winning the Southeastern Conference Championship, Auburn is joined in the field by No. 3 Oklahoma, No. 15 Arkansas, No. 22 Florida State, BYU, Navy, Nevada, North Florida, Pepperdine, Prairie View A&M, San Diego State, Sam Houston State, UMKC and Virginia.

The Tigers are set to make their ninth appearance in the NCAA Regionals in nine seasons under Clinard. Auburn has advanced to the NCAA Championship the past six seasons with Clinard at the helm.

Share and discuss “Newly-crowned SEC champions headed to Norman Regional” on social media.