The Best Master's Degrees ranks Auburn's online Master's in Hospitality Managment

The Best Master’s Degrees ranked Auburn University’s Master’s in Hospitality Managment online degree program 15th on their latest list of the top 30 best master’s in hospitality and tourism online degree programs.

<p>Badge for The Best Master's Degrees for Online Degrees. </p>

Badge for The Best Master's Degrees for Online Degrees.

To create this top 30 list, The Best Master’s Degrees reviewed approximately 75 colleges and universities that offer an online master’s in hospitality and tourism or a closely related program.

All of the top 30 programs cost less than $30,000 per year. The school’s that host each of the programs have all also received rankings or recognition from a major publication such as U.S. News and World Report.

Auburn’s program currently costs $10,974 per year and U.S. News and World report ranked Auburn 103rd among national universities.

Auburn University offers an online Master’s in Hospitality Management with a focus on hotel and restaurant management through its Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Hospitality Management. The online master’s program is designed for working professionals that are looking to obtain a master’s degree while continuing with their other obligations.

It is a non-thesis oriented program and provides the same curriculum as the on-campus program.

The entire program is 33 credits. The final course is a 5-credit graduate level project that students present to graduate faculty.

Online students can watch lectures as they happen or after the fact, whichever their schedule allows for. A typical full-time course load is two courses per semester.

Some of the classes offered are advanced tourism analysis, conference coordination, global hospitality and organizational leadership and change.

Graduate degrees in hospitality and tourism management have recently risen in popularity.

In a recent Occupational Outlook Handbook report from The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of lodging managers will increase 4 percent, and the employment of food service managers will increase 9 percent through the year 2026.

This is a steady growth that is almost as fast as the average growth for other management positions. So there are jobs available, but there is usually a lot of competition for those positions, the report from The Best Master’s Degrees read.

The report continued to advise readers that obtaining a Masters in hospitality and tourism management or a similar degree could help an applicant set themselves apart from the competition.

Share and discuss “The Best Master's Degrees ranks Auburn's online Master's in Hospitality Managment” on social media.