Tiger Dining meal plan glitch fixed

There was a glitch in Tiger Dining's computer system that had most students meal plans set as the $1,100 option. The glitch has since been correct to reflect the $350 option for all students, Loughridge said.

Auburn students can be assured they will not be charged the on-campus $1,100 meal plan unless that is the option they select. 

"We don't want students to ever think that we would do something like that," Glenn Loughridge, director of Tiger Dining said. "I also understand, was a college student once and you have to guard your flanks."

There was a glitch in Tiger Dining's computer system that had most students’ meal plans set as the on-campus $1,100 option. The glitch has since been correct to reflect the off-campus $350 meal plan for all students, Loughridge said. 

Concerns over the default meal plan selection arose Thursday night when a screen shot with instructions of how to change a meal plan was shared on several social media platforms. 

"We had a well-attentioned student who went in and checked their e-bill," Loughridge said. "A lot of people's showed that they were getting an on-campus meal plan. We had absolutely no intention of doing that." 

Over 2,900 students have already selected their meal plan on AU Access. Students do not need to do this right away; they have until the 15th class day until their meal plan will be set for the semester, Loughridge said.  

No student has a plan assigned to them yet because housing assignments have not been confirmed. Once housing assignments have been confirmed, sometime in July, Tiger Dining will assign students the basic on or off-campus meal plans, Loughridge said. 

Students that would like to purchase a meal plan with block meals — meal swipes to be used at Foy Commons and Village Tiger Zone — will need to go into AU Access and change their meal plan. Otherwise, they will receive the basic on or off campus plan based on where they are living in the fall. 

Funds can also be added to the declining balance portion of a student's meal plan throughout the semester. 

Students and parents with meal plan questions can contact Tiger Dining at meal.plans@auburn.edu. 

Share and discuss “Tiger Dining meal plan glitch fixed” on social media.