ISO to host World Cup viewing party Friday, July 6

The International Student Organization, ISO, will host a social hour Friday, July 6, 2018, to watch the quarter final match between Belgium and Brazil in the Fifa World Cup.

The International Student Organization will host a social hour Friday, July 6, 2018, to watch the quarter-final match between Belgium and Brazil in the Fifa World Cup.

“The World Cup is one of the biggest international events we have every four years,” said Sumaiya Islam, president of ISO. “We wanted to celebrate it because it represents a lot of countries and a lot of cultures.”

The social hour will begin at 12:45 p.m. and last until 3 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom. ISO will provide pizza and drinks for students to enjoy as they watch the match.

“All of our events are open to everyone,” Islam said.

This event is free and open to all Auburn students. Attendees are encouraged to cheer on their favorite team by wearing fan gear.

“Celebrating the World Cup in Auburn is something that ISO should be doing,” Islam said. “It goes with our motto. It brings people together.”

This is ISO’s second social hour of the summer. During the fall and spring semesters, ISO hosts one event every week.

“If it isn’t one of our signature events, it is a social hour,” Islam said. “If we don’t have a signature events there is definitely a social hour.”

To find out more about ISO or get on their email list to learn more about when they will host more events visit their page on AUinvolve or contact Islam or any member of ISO.

Share and discuss “ISO to host World Cup viewing party Friday, July 6” on social media.