Auburn walk-on quarterback Devin Adams awarded scholarship

Devin Adams is a walk-on no more.

The reserve quarterback has been awarded an Auburn football scholarship, the team confirmed via its Twitter on Sunday evening.

A senior out of Mobile, Alabama, Adams began his collegiate career at Mississippi Delta Community College before transferring to Auburn prior to the 2016 season.

Adams' decision to become a Tiger was heavily influenced by former linebacker Tre' Williams and current linebacker Deshaun Davis, two lifelong friends of the quarterback.

"Tre' and Deshaun paved my way and helped me every step in getting to Auburn," Adams said in a story by Auburn Athletics. "They said it best – make sure you're with family. And now that means not just Tre' and Deshaun, but the whole Auburn family."

Adams ran with the scout team in his first season before working his way onto the depth chart in 2017. In Auburn's season-opening win over Georgia Southern, while the Tigers were dealing with former backup Sean White's suspension, starter Jarrett Stidham rode the bench in the second half and then-true freshman Malik Willis was held out in hopes of preserving his redshirt. 

Thus, Adams ran the offense for a few drives in the 41-7 victory, completing one pass and rushing for six yards.

"At the end of the day, I came to Auburn to let people know that I can play football," Adams said. "I think I've proved that point."

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Auburn walk-on quarterback Devin Adams awarded scholarship” on social media.