The return of Auburn football is just 19 days away.
For now, the team remains in preseason fall camp, where it went through its ninth day Monday. Here's what The Plainsman observed during the 15-minute viewing period.
- Sophomore receiver Marquis McClain was out of his non-contact jersey and was fully participating with coach Kodi Burns and the wide receivers. McClain was limited last week.
- Veteran receivers Darius Slayton and Ryan Davis returned to their normal blue jerseys as well. Highlight videos from the team's first scrimmage Thursday revealed that the pair donned non-contact wear during the 11-on-11 scrimmage in Jordan-Hare Stadium.
- Walk-on quarterback Jake Norwood was seen in practice for the first time. The Aledo, Texas, product hails from the class of 2018.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get The Plainsman straight to your inbox.
- Running back Asa Martin was limited in a non-contact jersey. The true freshman was off to the sidelines and didn't participate in any drills during the viewing window.
- The wildcat package made an appearance, utilizing freshman running back JaTarvious Whitlow and H-back Chandler Cox. The unbalanced offensive, from left to right, was Tucker Brown, Marquel Harrell, Kaleb Kim, Mike Horton, Jack Driscoll and Prince Tega Wanogho. Kam Martin and Anthony Schwartz were running sweeps for the backs.
Ryan Davis and Kodi Burns teaching up the young receivers. Shedrick Jackson’s quickness impresses Burns towards the end. pic.twitter.com/oCjt1ueEGV— Nathan King (@nathankingdra) August 13, 2018
- Driscoll moved up to first-team right tackle ahead of redshirt freshman Austin Troxell.
- Sophomore cornerback Noah Igbinoghene was still sporting his non-contact jersey, but was back in shells and practicing. The former receiver had no shells or pads last week when he was first limited. Gus Malzahn has not specified what the injury might be, but implied that it won't keep the defender out long term.
- Junior linebacker Richard McBryde was limited in a non-contact jersey with the defense.
- The placekicking unit still comprised of Anders Carlson at kicker and Ian Shannon at holder.
- Former Australian Prokick player Arryn Siposs was booming 60-plus-yard punts at the outdoor field.
Select Tigers will take to the podium at 5:45 CST.
Do you like this story? The Plainsman doesn't accept money from tuition or student fees, and we don't charge a subscription fee. But you can donate to support The Plainsman.Support The Plainsman