Auburn LB Deshaun Davis named Lott Impact Trophy Player of the Week

<p>Deshaun Davis (57) celebrates during Auburn football vs. LSU on Sept. 15, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Deshaun Davis (57) celebrates during Auburn football vs. LSU on Sept. 15, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn's resident bayou native had a huge outing against LSU.

In a 22-21 home loss to the Bayou Bengals on Saturday, Auburn senior linebacker Deshaun Davis tallied a career-high 13 tackles, two quarterback hurries, one pass breakup and four tackles for loss, including a sack.

For his heroics in the team's conference opener, Davis, a product of Mobile, Alabama, was named the Lott Impact Trophy Player of the Week for Week 3, announced by the organization Tuesday morning.

Founded in 2004, The Lott Trophy recognizes the nation's top defensive impact player. The organization strives to predicate the award on on-field performance and off-field character of the individual. Davis joins Houston's Ed Oliver (Week 1) and Kansas' Joe Dineen Jr. (Week 2) as this season's recipients. 

Auburn will receive $1,000 toward its general scholarship fund for the award. 

Davis and No. 9 Auburn are seeking their first conference win this Saturday against the Arkansas Razorbacks (1-2). Kickoff is set for 6:30 p.m. CST on SEC Network.

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Auburn LB Deshaun Davis named Lott Impact Trophy Player of the Week” on social media.