Auburn volleyball's Bella Rosenthall named SEC Freshman of the Week

<p>Bella Rosenthall (6). Auburn volleyball vs Michigan on Saturday, August 25, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.&nbsp;</p>

Bella Rosenthall (6). Auburn volleyball vs Michigan on Saturday, August 25, 2018, in Auburn, Ala. 

After a 2-0 week that shot Auburn volleyball's record up to a comfortable 7-3, Rick Nold's squad received more good news Monday afternoon.

Tigers freshman Bella Rosenthall has been named the Southeastern Conference's Freshman of the Week, the league office announced. Rosenthall's accolade makes back-to-back weeks with Auburn receiving the award after first-year setter Taylor Rowland last week.

In Auburn's pair of wins over the past week, Rosenthall averaged five digs per set. The Yorktown, Indiana, product racked up a career-high 25 digs in a comeback win over Kennesaw State last Tuesday and had 20 digs in a home victory over Florida State on Sunday.

“You wanna see your team when you get your back against the wall, how you are gonna handle it,” Nold said after the win over the Seminoles. “I love the way we battled through there.”

Auburn opens conference play Friday at Tennessee. The match inside Auburn Arena is set for 7 p.m. CST.

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Auburn volleyball's Bella Rosenthall named SEC Freshman of the Week” on social media.