Make the most of gameday in the South

<p>Young fans gather at Toomer's Corner for a rolling demonstration at the start of College Gameday. Auburn vs Alabama on Saturday, Nov. 25 in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Young fans gather at Toomer's Corner for a rolling demonstration at the start of College Gameday. Auburn vs Alabama on Saturday, Nov. 25 in Auburn, Ala.

Saturday in Auburn is more than a day for a football game. 

The first day of the weekend is an event in and of itself full of food, drinks and friends. 

Being prepared for the exciting and long day ahead is important for every Saturday in the South. It is hardly news that Auburn fans dress up for gameday, but picking the right shoes can make or break any college football fan’s experience. 

Tailgaters usually stick with comfortable shoes – breaking in a brand-new pair might not always be the best option. 

Dealing with the Alabama heat on gamedays can be a struggle for tailgaters and game-goers alike. Students can use their Tiger cards to purchase cold water and other drinks. Fans can use any of the 22 concession stands inside Jordan-Hare Stadium. Fans are also given the opportunity to fill a water bottle at water stations. 

“Fans are allowed to bring empty, clear water bottles, which can be filled at multiple water stations throughout the stadium,” Auburn Athletics said. “All water stations offer filtered water free of charge.” 

Another way to cool off can be plugged into a phone. 

“My grandmother gave me this fan that plugs into the charging port of my phone,” said Lydia Hafer, Auburn senior in nursing science. “It’s really easy to put in my purse and plug in when it gets too hot.”

The small fans provide a personal breeze in the stadium for hot gamedays. 

These fans can be purchased for about $5 at Walmart, Best Buy or on Amazon for any cell phone type. 

When the game gets stressful, local DJ Ben Bruud hypes the crowd up with upbeat music for fans. Bright orange and navy blue shakers create a lively environment to keep the spirits up as well. 

Go to auburntigers.com and search guest services for gameday information about shuttles, ATMs, bag check, First Aid Stations and more to make an Auburn football Saturday the best it can be.

Share and discuss “Make the most of gameday in the South” on social media.