Kickoff time, TV network announced for Auburn's first road game at Miss State

<p>Daniel Thomas (24) and Ryan Davis (23) celebrate after a touchdown during &nbsp;Auburn Football vs. Arkansas on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018 in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Daniel Thomas (24) and Ryan Davis (23) celebrate after a touchdown during  Auburn Football vs. Arkansas on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018 in Auburn, Ala.

No. 10 Auburn's first true road game of the season will be under the lights.

In Week 6, Auburn and Mississippi State will kick at 6:30 p.m. CST from Davis Wade Stadium in Starkville, Mississippi. The action will be broadcast on ESPN2. 

The Tigers will play Southern Miss at 3 p.m. CST for their homecoming game a week before traveling to face the Bulldogs. Auburn (3-1, 1-1 SEC) is coming off its first SEC win of the season, 34-3 over Arkansas last Saturday in Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Joe Moorhead's Bulldogs (3-1, 0-1 SEC) were blasted by now-No. 17 Kentucky in Lexington over the weekend, 28-7. Mississippi State will be searching for its first SEC win in Week 5 when it hosts former Bulldogs head coach Dan Mullen and the Florida Gators.

Auburn is riding a two-game win streak over the Bulldogs dating back to the last time the two faced off in Starkville — a 38-14 Tigers victory. Last season, Jarrett Stidham and the Auburn offense began to hit its stride in a 49-10 win at home.

Auburn holds a commanding lead in the all-time series, 63-26-2. 

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Kickoff time, TV network announced for Auburn's first road game at Miss State” on social media.