Miss Homecoming candidate Sadie Argo: 'Up with Argo'

Sadie Argo, senior in psychology and Spanish, squealed with excitement when asked about her platform. 

“I am super excited about it,” Argo said. “My platform is related to Project Uplift, which is a mentor program on Auburn University’s campus.” 

During campaign week and beyond, Argo hopes to increase the number of Auburn students working as mentors. According to Argo, there are currently 130 children on the waitlist for the program. 

Every child must have at least two mentors, so the program is in need of 260 mentors in addition to the 45 new student mentees who will be added to the waitlist in the coming days. 

“It seems like a lot of people; however, when you look at the number of students on Auburn’s campus, it is a tangible goal,” Argo said. 

In addition to increasing the student activity with Project Uplift, Argo would like to start a scholarship program for students who make it through the program and choose to attend college. 

The scholarship program idea came to Argo after her two Project Uplift students told her they wanted to attend Auburn. She said she would love to help that be possible for them. 

Argo said she is working with the Project Uplift staff to create a program that will support students who wish to attend Auburn after they finish the program. 

In an effort to create a child friendly environment, Argo plans to have a ball pit on the concourse for students to take photos in and enjoy.  

“Silly Bandz will be making an appearance,” Argo said and laughed. “We want a very child-like, fun environment.” 

Argo’s decision to come to Auburn and eventually volunteer with Project Uplift wasn’t always a done deal. She grew up a Georgia fan and up until the last few months of her senior year in high school, she was headed to bulldog territory. 

After prayer, she decided she was meant to be an Auburn Tiger. 

“This decision has been one of the best decisions I have ever made,” Argo said. 

Share and discuss “Miss Homecoming candidate Sadie Argo: 'Up with Argo'” on social media.