Auburn's Bryce Brown, Jared Harper voted to preseason second team All-SEC

<p>Jared Harper (1) directs the Auburn offense&nbsp;during Auburn Basketball vs. Georgia on Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018, at Stegeman Coliseum in Athens, Ga.</p>

Jared Harper (1) directs the Auburn offense during Auburn Basketball vs. Georgia on Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018, at Stegeman Coliseum in Athens, Ga.

Bryce Brown and Jared Harper continue to earn preseason praise.

The pair of Auburn guards were the only backcourt combo named to a Preseason All-SEC Team after being voted Second Team Wednesday morning. This follows Brown and Harper being named to the Jerry West Award and Bob Cousy Award watchlists on Tuesday, respectively.

In addition, Auburn was voted to finish third in the conference behind Tennessee at second and Kentucky for first.

With a regular season championship the previous season, Brown and Harper finished All-SEC en route to a berth in the NCAA Tournament.

Brown finished last season averaging 15.9 points per game while shooting 38 percent from beyond the arc. The senior currently trails Wesley Person by 21 for Auburn's all-time spot for 3-pointers made.

Harper was third in the conference with 5.4 assists per game alongside his 13.2 points per game while commanding Auburn's surge into the postseason.

Auburn opens the season at home on Nov. 6 against South Alabama at 8 p.m. CT on the SEC Network.

Share and discuss “Auburn's Bryce Brown, Jared Harper voted to preseason second team All-SEC” on social media.