Lee County Flannel Club hosts its first comedy show of the semester

<p>Lee County Flannel Club Fall Show on Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2018 in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Lee County Flannel Club Fall Show on Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2018 in Auburn, Ala.

On Oct. 17 at 7:30 p.m., the Lee County Flannel Club hosted their first improv comedy show of the semester. 

The show was held in the TU room of the Telfair B. Peet Theatre. Attendees were treated to an hour long performance made up of unscripted games that demanded quick and witty thinking coupled with comical execution. 

“It was good. I didn’t even know what the Lee County Flannel Club was before tonight, so I learned something,” said Harrison Carter, sophomore in political science. “One of our good friends is in the club, so we came out to support him.”  

The club had 12 performers, and the stands were packed with supporters. 

“I’ve never been big into improv, but after this, I’ll definitely have to look more into it,” Carter said.

Many of the attendees had conversations with members of the club about joining after the show. 

“If you’re looking for a good laugh, this is the right place to be," Carter said. "You’re going to have a good time.”

Kristina Moccio, senior in communications, is the president of the Lee County Flannel Club and has been doing improv for four years. 

“I think tonight went really well," Moccio said. "We had high energy, and we had a lot of people come that are new faces, but they were really into it.”  

“We try to do this twice a semester,” Moccio said. “I like the community of it, and I like just being in a room making other people laugh. You don’t have to be good at it, you just have to be able to listen and enjoy the fun."

Share and discuss “Lee County Flannel Club hosts its first comedy show of the semester” on social media.