Auburn basketball lands commitment from 4-star guard Tyrell Jones

<p>Tyrell Jones via Instagram.</p>

Tyrell Jones via Instagram.

Coach Bruce Pearl has landed another big commit in 2019 4-star guard Tyrell Jones. 

Jones hails from Orlando, Florida, and is the fifth commit in the 2019 class for the Tigers. Jones is the third 4-star prospect. 

Jones’ commitment moves Auburn to No. 3 in the SEC for their 2019 recruiting class, per 247 Composite. Jones chose Auburn over other SEC rivals such as Florida, Ole Miss, Georgia and Tennessee. 

Assistant Coach Wes Flanigan played a large role in Jones’ commitment. Flanigan has recruited Jones since he was the head coach at Arkansas Little Rock, when Jones was just a sophomore. 

“My relationship with the coaches," Jones told ESPN's Paul Biancardi as why he chose the Tigers. "They have recruited hard since day one. Bruce Pearl has an amazing personality and he is a great coach. I fit well in their system.” 

Jones will be a senior this year at West Oaks Academy. His junior stats included an average of 11 ppg, 3.1 assists and 3.5 rebounds per game. Jones also has active hands-on defense, snatching 1.9 steals per game. 

Jones can possibly add another hot hand on the perimeter for the Tigers with his 39 percent 3-pt shooting. He is ranked No. 88 overall for his recruiting class.

Jones joins other 4-star commits Jaylin Williams and Isaac Okoro. Rounding out the class are 3-stars Babatunde Akingbola and Allen Flanigan, Wes Flanigan’s son.

Share and discuss “Auburn basketball lands commitment from 4-star guard Tyrell Jones” on social media.