Smaller Acts to catch Music Midtown

Some of the biggest names in music will be there, but don’t sleep on the artists listed in smaller font at the bottom of the lineup.

Music Midtown will be held this weekend in Atlanta’s Piedmont Park, and will feature headliners Post Malone, Fall Out Boy, Imagine Dragons, and Kendrick Lamar. 

While these artists are sure to garner enormous crowds Saturday and Sunday night, some equally talented acts will be playing earlier in the afternoon. 

For fans of the band Haim, be sure to catch The Aces and Maggie Rogers. The Aces play at the Salesforce stage at 1:45 on Saturday, and Maggie Rogers performs Sunday at 3:30 at the Cotton Club stage. 

The Aces, a girl band with an enchanting indie-pop sound, consists of four friends from Provo, Utah. Although they have yet to become a household name, some of the band’s most popular songs have over 1 million hits on Spotify. Currently, the band’s biggest hits are “Fake Nice,” “Waiting for You,” and “Stuck.”

Rogers, a singer-songwriter whose song “Alaska” took off in 2016, is a solo artist from Maryland with a similar indie-pop sound. Among Rogers’ top hits are “Fallingwater” and “On + Off.”

Another up-and-coming band to see at the festival is lovelytheband. Lovelytheband will appeal to fans of Rainbow Kitten Surprise (another Music Midtown act) and Moon Taxi. Although lovelytheband still lacks the starpower of headlining acts, you’ve probably heard their top hits “broken” and “make you feel pretty.” Lovelytheband takes the Roxy stage at 3:30 on Saturday.

For chill EDM listeners, Billie Eilish and Two Feet are two acts not to miss. Eilish, who has gained a cult following since the release of her “dont smile at me” EP, will play the Cotton Club stage at 5:30 on Sunday.

Two Feet, brainchild of Bill Dess, is the antithesis of almost all other modern EDM artists. Rather than using harsh bass drops and unexpected sound effects to grab the audience’s attention, Dess lures listeners with darker, slower beats. 

While you wait for bigger acts like Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons to come on, be sure to catch one of these artists during the day this weekend.

Share and discuss “Smaller Acts to catch Music Midtown” on social media.