Coach Flo gets 250th victory as Auburn routs Xavier

<p>Auburn Tigers head coach Terri Williams-Flournoy during the Auburn vs Tennessee women's  basketball game on Thursday, Jan. 19, 2017, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Auburn Tigers head coach Terri Williams-Flournoy during the Auburn vs Tennessee women's basketball game on Thursday, Jan. 19, 2017, in Auburn, Ala.

Thanks to 16 points from Emari Jones, 15 points from Unique Thompson and 13 points from Daisa Alexander, Auburn head coach Terri Williams-Flournoy picked up her 250th win on Wednesday night as the Tigers downed Xavier (La.) on the road, 77-58.

Auburn (5-1) jumped out to a 16-10 lead with a little over 2 minutes remaining in the opening period. By halftime, the Tigers had increased their lead to 9 with a spread-out stat sheet.

Auburn was led at the half by 10 points from Jones and three steals from Alexander. The go-to pressure defense helped Auburn force 12 turnovers. 

“I thought our defense was a little better," Williams-Flournoy said. "They’re figuring it out. It’s going to get better.” 

Firing on all cylinders, the Tigers started the second half with a 7-0 run. Xavier was led by Jas Hill with 13 points. 

“There’s one thing about this team that everyone knows -- they love to score," Williams-Flournoy said.

Mounting such a large lead proved beneficial for the Tigers in a multitude of ways, as all players that were dressed out got on the court. Brooke Moore, a freshman, played in her first game as a Tiger and scored 3 points. 

Auburn will next face Oklahoma at home this Sunday at 3 p.m. CST.

Share and discuss “Coach Flo gets 250th victory as Auburn routs Xavier” on social media.