Auburn's Seth Williams, Nick Coe honored by SEC after Texas A&M win

Seth Williams (18) celebrates after his touchdown during the first half of Auburn Football vs. Texas A&M on Saturday, Nov. 3, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.

Seth Williams and Nick Coe have been pacing Auburn's offense and defense, respectively, this season. And the two were rewarded for it Monday.

For their efforts in a come-from-behind 28-24 win over Texas A&M on Saturday, Williams and Coe were honored by the conference.

Coe was named Defensive Lineman of the Week, his third SEC honor of the season. Coe was also recognized two weeks ago after Auburn's win over Ole Miss and after a Week 1 victory over Washington.

The redshirt sophomore tallied three tackles, including two tackles for loss and the game-sealing strip-sack of Texas A&M quarterback Kellen Mond as time expired. All of his tackles came on either third or fourth down.

Coe now leads Auburn in sacks with 7.5.

Williams, a true freshman from Bryant High School near Tuscaloosa, was named SEC Freshman of the Week. Williams scored 11-yard touchdowns on both of his receptions in the win. His second put Auburn ahead for good with under two minutes remaining.

He's the first Auburn freshman to snag a pair of touchdown passes in a game since 1999 (Ronney Daniels). Williams is also the first to catch a game-winning touchdown in the fourth quarter or later for the Tigers since 2007 (Kodi Burns).

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Auburn's Seth Williams, Nick Coe honored by SEC after Texas A&M win” on social media.