Here are the winners in local Lee County races

<p>Voters head to the polls on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018 in Auburn, Ala.&nbsp;</p>

Voters head to the polls on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018 in Auburn, Ala. 

49,347 people cast their ballots Tuesday night in Lee County, according to the secretary of state website. Of the 13 local county races, eight had a candidate running unopposed. Here's how Lee County faired Tuesday night.

Lee County Commission 

In the Lee County Commission District No. 2 race, Republican Johnny Lawrence, who ran unopposed, is the winner. Lawrence received 97.4 percent of the vote.

The Lee County Commission District No. 4 race went to Republican Robert Ham, who ran unopposed. 98 percent of the vote went to Ham.

Democrat Richard LaGrande ran unopposed in the Lee County Commission District No. 5 race and is the winner with 80.4 percent of the vote.

Lee County Board of Education

In the Lee County Board of Education District No. 4 race, Republican Roger Keel ran unopposed and is the winner. Keel received 99 percent of the vote.

In the Lee County Board of Education District No. 5, Republican Ralph Harris Henderson Jr. ran unopposed and is the winner. He received 95.5 percent of the vote.

Democrat Larry Peterson won the race for Lee County Board of Education District No. 6. Peterson won with 52 percent of the vote, compared to Republican Charles R Jenkins' 47.7 percent.

Republican Brian Roberson won the race for Lee County Board of Education District No. 7. Roberson received 57.9 percent of the vote, compared to Democrat Napoleon Stringer's 42.1 percent.

Lee County District Court Judge

The Lee County District Court race went to Republican Russell Bush, who ran unopposed. He received 96.9 percent of votes.

Lee County Circuit Clerk

Mary B. Roberson ran unopposed and will be Lee County's circuit clerk with 97 percent of the vote.

Lee County Judge of Probate

Republican Bill English also ran unopposed and will be Lee County's judge of probate. He received 96.6 percent of the vote.

Lee County Sheriff

Jay Jones will remain sheriff after running unopposed and receiving 97.3 percent of the vote.

Lee County Coroner

Republican Bill Harris ran unopposed and will be Lee County coroner. He received 95.3 percent of the vote.

Share and discuss “Here are the winners in local Lee County races” on social media.