Kickoff time, TV announced for Liberty game, Iron Bowl

Aubie cheers with in the student section during the Auburn vs. Texas A&M game Saturday Nov. 3, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn's seniors will get their recognition under the afternoon sky in Jordan-Hare Stadium.

On Senior Day, Auburn will kick off against Liberty at 3 p.m. CST in Week 12. The action will be broadcast on SEC Network alternative.

The Tigers (6-3, 3-3 SEC) will host Liberty after their trip to Athens this Saturday in the 123rd edition of The Deep South's Oldest Rivalry. Auburn and Georgia are set to kick at 6 p.m. CST on ESPN.

In their first season in the FBS, the Flames are 4-4 as an Independent (program without a conference tie). 

The matchup is Auburn's first against an Independent since 2000 (Louisiana Tech) and Liberty's first against an SEC foe in program history.

In addition, the SEC announced this year's Iron Bowl will retain its traditional slot of 2:30 p.m. CST on CBS.

Auburn won last year's Iron Bowl, 26-14 on The Plains en route to its first SEC West crown since 2013. 

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Kickoff time, TV announced for Liberty game, Iron Bowl” on social media.