‘Bible-based hole in the wall’ serves home-style grub

Levon's Kitchen sign sits along Webster Road on Sunday, Oct. 21, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.

One of Auburn’s best-kept food secrets is located just off Webster and Wire Road, in the back of a QV gas station.

For four months now, Levon’s Kitchen & Catering Company has been operating out of this spot, nestled next door to Fat Daddy’s.

The proprietor, Levon Moore, described his restaurant and catering company as a Bible-based establishment where customers can count on being provided with feel-good food.

Taught to cook by his mother and father, Moore serves Southern-style breakfast and dinner from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. from Monday to Friday.

While Moore’s mac and cheese recipe and from-scratch country breakfast are of the most renowned, the centerpiece of his restaurant is his famed $5 chicken box, usually served with either mashed potatoes, fries or gravy-soaked rice.

Moore serves fried, seasoned, spicy, grilled and BBQ chicken, each serving more delicious than the last.

Not merely content to serve delicious food, Moore serves with a smile for every customer, and the establishment is imbued with a genial, homey atmosphere.

“Love food; love people,” Moore said regarding what inspired him to open his restaurant.

This sentiment might as well serve as the unofficial motto for the restaurant, located at 571 Lee Road 53.

Share and discuss “‘Bible-based hole in the wall’ serves home-style grub” on social media.