Seniors to watch, keys to victory for Auburn vs. Liberty

<p>Deshaun Davis (57) leaps for the ball during Auburn football vs. Texas A&amp;M on Nov. 3, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Deshaun Davis (57) leaps for the ball during Auburn football vs. Texas A&M on Nov. 3, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn’s home-field advantage has not had the same effect as it did in 2017. After an undefeated season at Jordan-Hare, the Tigers are 4-2 and looking to finish on a high note. 

That being said, the last home game represents the last time seniors will suit up and play on The Plains. Here are some senior spotlight players to watch, keys to victory and stats to know for Auburn’s matchup against Liberty. 

Players to watch

Deshaun Davis 

Though this isn’t the senior season Davis was hoping for going into it, the senior linebacker has put up his best year to date. Through 10 games this season, Davis has already surpassed his last season tackles for loss for numbers and total tackles. 

Davis is on pace to eclipse the 100-tackle mark against Liberty and would be the first to do so since Rudy Ford in 2015. In his last game on The Plains, Davis is someone to soak in as much as possible on Saturday. 

Darrell Williams

Williams, alongside Davis, has been the steady force for years. His combination of run stopping, getting to the quarterback and pass coverage skills has made him one of the more lucrative NFL prospects on the team. 

Just like Davis, Williams is having his best season to date, eclipsing career highs in tackles, TFLs and sacks. The other half of the dominant linebacker duo will surely be missed by the Auburn faithful and they should take advantage of chance to watch him on Saturdays before he is on Sundays. 

Ryan Davis

Small in stature but big in his impact on the field, Davis has been a go-to target in Gus Malzahn’s offense, becoming Auburn’s all-time receptions leader last week. Stidham has a sense of security when targeting Davis, and that is why the two are the No. 1 WR-QB duo in Auburn history. 

His sure hands and ability to turn a slant into a 70-yard touchdown is something that has been a must watch during his time at Auburn and in his last game in Jordan-Hare, it will be worth watching for one more time. 

Keys to victory

The game won’t be the cake walk Tiger fans are expecting, Liberty can put points on the board in bunches. The Flames average 35.4 points and 463.7 yards per game. If the Tigers want to rest their big-name players early, then they need to stop the Liberty offense early on. 

Share and discuss “Seniors to watch, keys to victory for Auburn vs. Liberty” on social media.