Quarter-by-quarter breakdown: Auburn outgunned in lopsided Iron Bowl loss

<p>Deshaun Davis (57) tackles Alabama's Damien Harris (34) in the second half. Auburn vs Alabama on Saturday, Nov. 26 in Tuscaloosa, AL.</p>

Deshaun Davis (57) tackles Alabama's Damien Harris (34) in the second half. Auburn vs Alabama on Saturday, Nov. 26 in Tuscaloosa, AL.

There's no SEC West crown on the line this time, so the Tigers are looking to play spoiler.

Follow along here as The Plainsman sports staff keeps you updated during the Iron Bowl between Auburn and No. 1 Alabama. We'll keep you posted on scores, news, injuries and analysis. 

Fourth Quarter

Final: Alabama 52, Auburn 21.

8:29 - Prince Tega Wanogho is down on the field. 

Following some time on the ground, Wanogho walks off the field with assistance.

9:39 - Touchdown, Alabama. Jalen Hurts replaces Tagovailoa and completes a pass to Jaylen Waddle, who then runs 53 yards to the end zone. Alabama leads by 31 over Auburn, 52- 21.

9:40 - Stidham's pass is intercepted by Alabama's Anfernee Jennings. The Crimson Tide are back their 47-yard line.

14:29 - Touchdown, Alabama. Tagovailoa connects with Ruggs for Tagovailoa's fifth touchdown on the day. Alabama now leads by 25 over Auburn, 45-21.

15:00 - Alabama starts with a second-and-seven at its 40-yard line.

Third Quarter

0:00 - Alabama leads Auburn by 17 entering the final 15 minutes, 38-21.

Tua Tagovailoa is currently 22-of-30 for 292 yards and four touchdowns. He adds 26 yards and a score on four rushes.

1:21 - Stidham is sacked for a loss of seven. Bryant-Denny Stadium erupts into the fourth-and-22 punt. Alabama takes over at its 43.

1:39 - Despite the flea-flicker attempt, Alabama's front outruns the trick-play attempt to force a third-and-19.

2:22 - Touchdown, Alabama. The Crimson Tide respond to an Auburn score with a 40-yard touchdown by DeVonta Smith. 

3:31 - Touchdown, Auburn. Stidham completes the 52-yard pass to Slayton to bring Auburn within 10. Auburn trails Alabama 31-21. 

5:00 - Three-and-out for Alabama gives Auburn the ball back at its 40-yard line. 

6:55 - Whitlow stumbles on the third-down gain for two. Auburn's fourth-down trick play to Anders Carlson is stopped short of the first. Alabama takes over at its 20. 

8:01 - Stidham completes a first-down pass to Slayton. Auburn now back across midfield to the Alabama 29 after a roughing the passer call.

8:54 - Targeting called on Alabama's Jared Mayden and Mayden is disqualified. Ryan Davis is down on the field. 

Eli Stove replaces Davis, who walked back to the Auburn locker room.

9:00 - Darius Slayton bobbles and can't hold onto Stidham's deep-throw attempt. Third-and-six looming.

9:49 - Touchdown, Alabama. Tagovailoa connects with Jacobs, who then escapes to the end zone to pad onto the Crimson Tide lead. Alabama leads Auburn, 31- 14.

11:58 - Stidham's pass to Schwartz gains six, three yards short of the first-down conversion. Alabama takes the punt to its 31.

12:57 - Touchdown, Alabama. Tagovailoa completes an over-the-shoulder pass to Jerry Jeudy for a 47-yard touchdown. Alabama adds onto its lead over Auburn, 24-14.

13:50 - Josh Jacobs runs it up the left side for a gain of 12 to the Alabama 46.

15:00 - Alabama starts with the ball on its 25.

Second Quarter

Halftime: Auburn trails Alabama 17-14 entering the second half. Jordyn Peter's fourth blocked punt, coupled with a Ryan Davis trick-play pass for a touchdown brings the Tigers within three. 

Tua Tagovailoa is 14-of-20 for 116 yards for one touchdown through the air in addition to 26 yards and a touchdown on the ground.

JaTarvious Whitlow leads Auburn with 65 combined yards.

3:08 - Tagovailoa is stopped short of the first down on a third-down trot. Auburn takes the punt to its 20.

4:04 - Touchdown, Auburn. Ryan Davis completes a trick-play pass to  Malik Miller to bring Auburn within three. The Tigers trail Alabama, 14-17.

5:25 - Alabama goes three-and-out, Auburn's Jordyn Peters blocks the punt and recovers at the Alabama 23.

6:57 - Following a Stidham fumble, Stidham's third-down pass to Darius Slayton goes incomplete. Alabama receives the punt at its 16.

8:09 - Jarrett Stidham is thrown into the backfield for an apparent sack, facemask penalty called on Alabama. Auburn moves up to its 43.

8:59 - Field goal, Alabama. Joseph Bulovas connects from 30 yards out to pad onto Alabama's lead over Auburn. The Crimson Tide lead the Tigers 17-7.

9:14 - Tagovailoa's pass ruled complete. 

9:42 - Following an intentional grounding call that made it third-and-20, Tagovailoa completes a 10-yard pass to the Auburn 11. Play under review.

12:29 - Pass interference called on Auburn's Javaris Davis. Alabama moves to the Auburn 26.

12:11 - Alabama's Josh Jacobs runs down Noah Igbinoghene on a 12-yard gain. Crimson Tide move to the Auburn 36.

13:26 - Auburn goes three-and-out after losing seven yards on three plays. Alabama takes the punt to its 32.

14:15 - Touchdown, Alabama. Tagovailoa goes to Ruggs for the score and the lead over Auburn, 14-7.

15:00 - Alabama starts the second quarter with the ball at the Auburn 15.

First quarter

0:00 - The 83rd edition of the Iron Bowl is tied at 7-7. Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa is 7-of-10 through the air for 62 yards while Auburn's JaTarvious Whitlow combines for 51 yards. 

1:17 - Tagovailoa shakes, escapes to the Auburn 39 for a gain of 21 yards.

2:37 - Touchdown, Auburn. Anthony Schwartz runs around the right edge for a nine-yard gain to the end zone. Auburn ties the Iron Bowl, 7-7.

3:23 - Auburn coverts on third-and-13 with a 24-yard catch-and-run by Whitlow. The Tigers move to the Alabama 14.

4:47 - Whitlow runs up the middle to give Auburn a first down across midfield to the Alabama 48. 

6:38 - Touchdown, Alabama. Tagovailoa runs it up the left side from six yards out to give the Crimson Tide the Iron Bowl's first points. Alabama leads Auburn, 7-0.

8:23 - Henry Ruggs puts the Crimson Tide on the Alabama 13 after a 21-yard gain.

8:32 - Jamel Dean injured on the field following an incomplete Tagovailoa pass, jogs to the sideline.

8:40 - Alabama's Jaylen Waddle is hit by Javaris Davis on the attempted punt return, Auburn called for fair-catch interference. Alabama has the ball on the Auburn 34.

9:10 - Auburn runs it with Whitlow for no gain on third-and-35. Siposs to punt.

10:11 - Auburn has a second-and-27 following two penalties and an incomplete throw to Whitlow.

10:15 - Touchdown run by Shaun Shivers is brought back following a holding penalty. Auburn's Gus Malzahn is flagged for running onto the field following Shivers' 75-yard run.

11:03 - Kam Martin carries the ball for an eight-yard gain. Third-and-one to come.

12:06 - Alabama set to punt after a pass breakup by Javaris Davis and an overthrown Tagovailoa toss. Auburn receives the ball at its 12.

13:10 - Tua Tagovailoa's pass to Irv Smith Jr. gains 11 yards to the Alabama 45.

14:43 - Auburn goes 17 seconds for a three-and-out, Alabama receives the Arryn Siposs punt on its 13 following a personal foul.

15:00 - Alabama will defer to the second half, Auburn to start with the ball. JaTarvious Whitlow to start at running back for the Tigers.

Share and discuss “Quarter-by-quarter breakdown: Auburn outgunned in lopsided Iron Bowl loss” on social media.