Raptor center to release bald eagle Saturday

<p>One of the Southeastern Raptor Center's eagles appears on the sideline with her handler&nbsp;during Auburn's A-Day game on Saturday, April 7, 2018, in Auburn, Ala. </p>

One of the Southeastern Raptor Center's eagles appears on the sideline with her handler during Auburn's A-Day game on Saturday, April 7, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.

On Saturday, Nov. 10, Auburn University’s Southeastern Raptor Center will release a rehabilitated bald eagle at 10 a.m. at the Mt. Cheaha State Park restaurant in Delta, Alabama.

After the eagle was found at the Anniston and Calhoun County Regional Airport, it was transferred to the Alabama Wildlife Center in Pelham, Alabama, before being taken to the Southeastern Raptor Center on June 27 to receive a medical examination.

Radiographs found that the eagle had a fractured coracoid in its left shoulder, leaving it unable to fly. After rehabilitation, the eagle has fully recovered.

According to the Southeastern Raptor Center’s website, the eagle has spent over 130 days in rehabilitation. 

A division of the Auburn University College of Medicine, the Southeastern Raptor Center is dedicated to wildlife conservation, rehabilitation and education. Since the mid-1970s, it has rehabilitated and released thousands of injured birds and educated more than one million people about raptor and other wildlife.

Share and discuss “Raptor center to release bald eagle Saturday” on social media.