Report: Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham planning to enter NFL Draft

Stidham's decision whether to play in the Music City Bowl against Purdue remains unclear, according to the report

<p>Jarrett Stidham (8) rolls out to pass during Auburn football vs. LSU on Sept. 15, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Jarrett Stidham (8) rolls out to pass during Auburn football vs. LSU on Sept. 15, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.

Jarrett Stidham's playing days as an Auburn Tiger are done.

That's according to a report from AL.com's Matt Zenitz, which says the redshirt junior plans to declare for April's NFL Draft in favor of his final year of eligibility at Auburn.

Stidham's decision whether to play in the Music City Bowl against Purdue remains unclear, according to the report.

The Texan entered the 2018 season with lofty expectations as a second team All-SEC selection. His production and draft stock both took hits as he regressed from 2017 in every major statistical category. He finished the regular season with 2,421 passing yards, 13 touchdowns and five interceptions.

The second-year Auburn quarterback began his career in 2015 with Baylor University, completing 68 percent of his passes for 12 touchdowns and two interceptions through 10 games. 

With a year away from football following his freshman season, Stidham transferred to The Plains on Dec. 10, 2016. Stidham would lead the conference in pass completions and pass completion percentage en rotue to a SEC Championship berth in 2017.

Through 14 games in his first year at Auburn, Stidham threw for over 3,000 yards to go along with 18 touchdowns and six interceptions. Stidham's 2018 season marked the first time in program history for a quarterback to return following a 3,000-yard season.

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Report: Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham planning to enter NFL Draft” on social media.