Chick-fil-A food truck coming to campus this semester, permanent location to be added in Village Dining

“One of our priorities is to continually work with campus dining and ensure that students are excited to swipe their Tiger Card,” Block said.

<p>A student gives her Tiger Card to the cashier at the on-campus Chick-fil-A on Wednesday, 11, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

A student gives her Tiger Card to the cashier at the on-campus Chick-fil-A on Wednesday, 11, 2018, in Auburn, Ala.

A Chick-fil-A food truck will be coming to Auburn’s campus in the upcoming semester as well as an additional permanent on-campus location, Student Government Association President Dane Block told The Plainsman

The location of the truck is yet to be determined, and Tiger Dining is still working out the details as to when and where the truck will be functional. 

Construction will also begin in the spring 2019 semester to bring a Chick-fil-A to Village Dining. 

Tiger Dining declined to comment on this report.

The Plainsman in April first reported the addition of a new Chick-fil-A location in the Village.

The Student Center location is known for having long lines and high sales. In June 2017, it was recognized as the second-highest grossing on-campus Chick-fil-A in the country. 

“The idea is to bring the food to the students and minimize the time spent waiting in line and making it as easy and as enjoyable for the students – just running to class and want a quick bite or meeting friends to eat on campus and don’t want to sit in the Student Center or whatever it is – we’re just trying to provide the options and the accessibility,” Block said.

There are also renovations to the Student Center Chick-fil-A that are scheduled to begin over the summer, so the food truck and the new location in Village Dining will be able to provide campus with all its Chick-fil-A needs, Block said. 

Block praised Glenn Loughridge, director of Tiger Dining, for the work he’s done as Auburn has transitioned to Aramark, Auburn’s new food-service provider, in the past semester. 

“He (Loughridge) works with the students, and the students’ priority is his top priority, so I think the students should have confidence in that,” Block said.

Share and discuss “Chick-fil-A food truck coming to campus this semester, permanent location to be added in Village Dining” on social media.