Permanent Steak 'n Shake in Student Center set to open Tuesday

It will be open Sunday-Thursday 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Students eat at new on campus Steak and Shake at Auburn University on Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019.

Steak ‘n Shake is moving inside. 

Construction began in early October 2018 for a permanent Steak ‘n Shake to replace the Papa John’s in the Student Center, and the brick-and-mortar location will be open for business Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.

A Steak ‘n Shake food truck had been serving Auburn’s campus for the fall 2018 semester while the details on the permanent location were being worked out. The truck will no longer be on campus as Tiger Dining was only renting the truck for the transitionary time. 

Gwen Ward, Tiger Dining specialist, said Tiger Dining is excited for the addition and that campus can expect just about the same menu that the restaurant offers at regular off-campus locations. 

The Student Center location will offer a wider variety of options including burgers, fries, hot dogs, chili and all the popular milkshake flavors, which the food truck could not offer because of space limitations. 

Because Chick-fil-A is closed on Sundays, Ward said it will be nice for one of the major retail restaurants to be open every day of the week in the Student Center. 

The Steak ‘n Shake will also be a Tapingo location, so students will be able to place orders ahead of time and not have to wait in line.

Share and discuss “Permanent Steak 'n Shake in Student Center set to open Tuesday ” on social media.