Q&A with Hunter Short, candidate for SGA treasurer

Hunter Short  poses for a picture on Jan. 31, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.
Hunter Short poses for a picture on Jan. 31, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

Hunter Short, junior in accounting and supply-chain management, is one of two candidates fro SGA treasurer. The questions and Short's responses can be seen below. Elections will be held Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Meet the candidates for SGA treasurer

Q: What specifically do you think SGA has done in the past year that you would look to build on or reform moving forward?

A: In the past year, SGA has taken several steps to start and sustain a new financial literacy initiative on campus. This initiative gives students throughout the University the opportunity to be educated on different aspects of personal finance.  Going forward, I would like to make more accommodations for students.  I would do this by offering more sections, researching the curriculum and offering a non-academic credit seminar that is open to all students.

Q: Why do you care about Auburn University as a whole?

A: Several things make Auburn the great university that it is, but I believe that there is one main thing that separate us from others.  That differentiating factor is the people.  Auburn truly has a way of providing a family atmosphere that is comforting and accepting of all.  I care about Auburn so much because the people here have had a lasting impact on me and so many of my close friends.

Q: What are the top priorities in your platform?

A: The top priorities of my platform are to successfully increase the Auburn Financial Literacy initiative, review the budget and organization fund processes with student input and implement an open-door policy.  Each of these platform points are achievable, and my priority if elected would be to see that each point is fulfilled. 

Q: What experiences have had the biggest impact on your Auburn experience? 

A: I have had the opportunity to go through a lot of impacting experiences while at Auburn. Each with a different effect on my life.The experience that has had a lasting impact on my time at Auburn is the time spent at Auburn Community Church. Through this time, countless relationships have developed, and the people I met here have helped develop me into who I am today. 

Share and discuss “Q&A with Hunter Short, candidate for SGA treasurer ” on social media.