Auburn headed to Chicago region as 10-seed for NCAA Women's Tournament

<p>Daisa Alexander (0) during Auburn women's basketball vs. LSU on March 3, 2019, in Baton Rouge, La. Via Auburn Athletics.</p>

Daisa Alexander (0) during Auburn women's basketball vs. LSU on March 3, 2019, in Baton Rouge, La. Via Auburn Athletics.

Auburn continues to dance.

Auburn's 2018-19 season was a vast improvement over the 2017-18 campaign which saw Auburn miss out on competing in a postseason tournament and finishing with a disappointing 14-15 record.

This year, the story is entirely different for the Tigers. 

Auburn had its first winning record in the SEC (9-7) for the first time since 2009 and the first under head coach Terri Williams-Flournoy. The Tigers also finished with a program record of six conference road wins on the season.

Announced earlier today on ESPN2's Selection show, Auburn is headed back to the tournament for the first time since the 2016-17 season. Auburn will open as a 10-seed against 7-seed BYU in Chicago in the Round of 64. 

BYU clinched its trip after winning the West Coast Conference Tournament under 18-year head coach Jeff Judkins. BYU finished the season with a 25-6 record while going 15-3 in the WCC.

The Cougars now have 14 postseason appearances with Judkins at the helm.

Auburn will see some familiar faces in the Chicago region with Texas A&M as a 4-seed. 

Ten-seed Auburn and 7-seed BYU travel to Stanford, California to meet on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. CST. The game will be broadcast on ESPN2.

Share and discuss “Auburn headed to Chicago region as 10-seed for NCAA Women's Tournament” on social media.