Auburn jumps to No. 14 in final regular season poll

The Auburn Men's Basketball Team rolls Toomer's Corner to celebrate their SEC Tournament Championship win on Sunday, March 17, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

Bruce Pearl's squad continues to move up.

Auburn has jumped eight spots in the poll to No. 14, the Associated Press announced Monday morning. The leap is the largest of any team in the top 25.

Auburn is ranked as the fourth-highest team in the SEC behind No. 12 LSU, No. 7 Kentucky and No. 6 Tennessee.

The team is coming off of its second win over the Volunteers this season in the final game of the SEC Tournament, the program's first conference tournament title since 1985. This follows the program tying the Volunteers the previous season for the regular-season title.

With its meeting with New Mexico State in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday, the program is also celebrating its first back-to-back tournament appearances since 1999-2000.

"Auburn doesn’t get in the tournament very often," Pearl said. "They created the pod system to try to keep you a little closer to home, but you’ve got to be better than a 5 to be able to enjoy some of that. 

"We just want to go in and represent the SEC as its tournament champion.”

Auburn and the Aggies are set for a 12:30 p.m. CST tip-off in Salt Lake City. The game will be broadcast on TNT.

Share and discuss “Auburn jumps to No. 14 in final regular season poll” on social media.