Jared Harper, Bryce Brown, others 'under the weather' at Final Four

<p>Jared Harper (1), Bryce Brown (2) and Coach Bruce Pearl answer questions during a press conference on Friday, April 5, 2019, in Minneapolis, Minn.</p>

Jared Harper (1), Bryce Brown (2) and Coach Bruce Pearl answer questions during a press conference on Friday, April 5, 2019, in Minneapolis, Minn.

MINNEAPOLIS — If Auburn’s first Final Four game in program history was being played Thursday or Friday instead of Saturday, the Tigers’ lethal backcourt tandem wouldn’t be 100 percent.

Bruce Pearl said Friday that point guard Jared Harper and shooting guard Bryce Brown have both been feeling sick over the past 24 hours — Brown yesterday, Harper more so today.

In fact, the whole team is feeling the effects of the cold Minnesota air this weekend. Pearl didn’t single out any other names, but he did say several players have been “sniffling and hacking and coughing” since Thursday afternoon.

“But we don't play today,” Pearl said.

Harper told reporters he received a shot this morning and has been taking medicine since last night. 

“Just a little bit under the weather,” Harper said. “I'm a little sick, but it's not going to stop me from continuing to prepare for this game.”

With over 24 hours until the Tigers tip off against 1-seed Virginia, every player practiced for Auburn on Friday at the open viewing period. No one appeared to be limited at all by any sickness or injury.

“This is a big moment for us as a team and us as a program,” Harper said. “So, I know I'm going to be ready.”

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Jared Harper, Bryce Brown, others 'under the weather' at Final Four ” on social media.