Memorial service announced for 'Voice of the Auburn Tigers' Rod Bramblett, wife Paula

Rod Bramblett broadcasted Auburn games since 1993.

A service celebrating the lives of Rod and Paula Bramblett will be held Thursday, May 30, at 2 p.m. in Auburn Arena, according an announcement from Auburn Athletics Sunday night.

Visitation will take place prior to the memorial service from noon to 2 p.m. The public is invited to attend. Dr. George Mathison will officiate. A private burial service for the family will follow.

Rod Bramblett, the "Voice of the Auburn Tigers," and his wife Paula both died from injuries sustained in a two-vehicle accident Saturday evening in Auburn.

The accident occurred on Shug Jordan Parkway at the intersection of West Samford Avenue Saturday evening shortly after 6 p.m., police said. 

A 16-year-old's Jeep Grand Cherokee struck the rear of the Bramblett's Highlander, according to police. 

"Paula Bramblett died at 7:50 p.m. in the emergency room of East Alabama Medical Center from multiple internal injuries and Rod Bramblett, known as the 'Voice of the Auburn Tigers,' died at UAB Hospital in Birmingham from a severe closed head injury," read a statement from Lee County Coroner Bill Harris.

Bramblett broadcasted Auburn games since 1993, and he was the lead Auburn broadcaster since 2003. Bramblett was named Alabama Sportscaster of the Year in 2006, 2010 and 2013.

He was named Sports Illustrated’s Sports Broadcaster of the Year in 2013, which was the year of his unforgettable call during Auburn's “Kick Six” win against Alabama.

He graduated from Auburn in 1988. The Brambletts have two children, daughter Shelby and son Joshua.

Share and discuss “Memorial service announced for 'Voice of the Auburn Tigers' Rod Bramblett, wife Paula” on social media.