Deep South's Oldest Rivalry moves to October in Auburn's 2020 schedule

Auburn and Georgia face off during Auburn Football vs. Georgia on Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018, in Athens, Ga.

Auburn’s football schedule for the 2020 season is here.

The most notable change is the Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry, which has been set for Oct. 10 of next year, instead of the usual matchup in November two weeks before the Iron Bowl.

The Tigers were hoping that moving the annual matchup with Georgia up a month would lessen the load of their schedule down the stretch, but instead, another familiar foe has just been inserted in their place.

Auburn will now face rivals LSU and Alabama in back-to-back weeks to finish the regular season, without a week of rest in between games. In past years, Auburn would have an open week, an FCS opponent or a Group of 5 school separating Georgia and Alabama.

The Tigers will open their 2020 season against Alcorn State and then will return to Mercedes-Benz Stadium to face North Carolina in Atlanta in the second week of the season. Auburn’s 2020 conference road games consist of Ole Miss, Georgia, Mississippi State, and Alabama.

FULL SCHEDULE

Sept. 5 vs. Alcorn St. 

Sept. 12 vs. UNC (Atlanta) 

Sept. 19 at Ole Miss 

Sept. 26 vs. S. Miss 

Oct. 3 vs. Kentucky  

Oct. 10 at UGA 

Oct. 17 vs. TAMU 

Oct. 31 at Miss St. 

Nov. 7 vs. Arkansas 

Nov. 14 vs. UMass 

Nov. 21 vs. LSU 

Nov. 28 at Bama 

Share and discuss “Deep South's Oldest Rivalry moves to October in Auburn's 2020 schedule” on social media.