Auburn women's basketball releases full 2019-20 schedule

<p>Daisa Alexander (0) during Auburn women's basketball vs. LSU on March 3, 2019, in Baton Rouge, La. Via Auburn Athletics.</p>

Daisa Alexander (0) during Auburn women's basketball vs. LSU on March 3, 2019, in Baton Rouge, La. Via Auburn Athletics.

While fall sports, such as football and women’s soccer, occupy the minds of many on The Plains, excitement is mounting for head coach Terri Williams-Flournoy and her youthful Tigers squad. 

On Wednesday, Auburn’s women’s basketball team announced its official schedule for the 2019-20 season.

The team will begin their season with a series of 14 nonconference opponents, highlighted by teams such as previously ranked Gonzaga and Miami. 

Nonconference play will end with a home game against Jacksonville State on December 28th. Coach Flo’s squad will then be put to the test, as they will travel to Vanderbilt to open SEC play. 

The Tigers will be faced with the task of traveling to Kentucky, Mississippi State and South Carolina, all of which ended last season ranked in the AP Top 25.

The Tigers will take the court with only one senior — guard Daisa Alexander, who accrued the second-most minutes on the team as a junior, and who also averaged 12.6 points per game.

Share and discuss “Auburn women's basketball releases full 2019-20 schedule” on social media.