'Bachelor' contestant has Auburn ties

<p>Madison P. from Birmingham, Alabama, from a post on The Bachelor Facebook page on Monday, Sept. 16.&nbsp;</p>

Madison P. from Birmingham, Alabama, from a post on The Bachelor Facebook page on Monday, Sept. 16. 

It appears that an Auburn alumna is on the short list for the upcoming season of “The Bachelor.” 

On Monday, 33 photos and names were posted to the official “Bachelor” Facebook page announcing the 33 women who may soon find themselves on the ABC reality show. Among the 33 women was Madison P., with a current location listed as Birmingham, Alabama.

Marissa Chavers, Class of 2016, confirmed to The Plainsman that the photo of Madison P. posted on The Bachelor Facebook page is her Pi Beta Phi sorority sister Madison Prewett. 

The Auburn Alumni Association confirmed to The Plainsman that there is a Madison Prewett who graduated from Auburn in 2018.

Prewett’s father, Chad, is an assistant coach for Auburn men’s basketball, according to several sites that cover entertainment news. Auburn Tigers’ website also has his daughters’ names listed, and one is named Madison. 

“The Bachelor” is a reality show where dozens of women compete to win the heart of one man, the bachelor. 

It was announced Tuesday night during the finale of “Bachelor in Paradise,” another branch of the show franchise, that the next bachelor lead will be Peter Weber, a pilot who was top three on the most recent season of “The Bachelorette.”

This won’t be the first time an Alabama woman was on the show franchise. Hannah Brown of Tuscaloosa and Hannah Godwin of Birmingham were on the last season of “The Bachelor.” 

Brown, a former Miss Alabama, was the most recent lead of “The Bachelorette,” the woman who Weber did not end up with. 

Godwin, a Montevallo alumna and social media influencer, just became engaged on “Bachelor in Paradise.”

Prewett is the newest Alabama woman to be added the “Bachelor” franchise. 

Elizabeth Hurley | Community Editor

Elizabeth, senior in journalism and political science, is the community editor for The Plainsman

@lizhurley37

community@theplainsman.com

Mikayla Burns | Managing Editor

Mikayla Burns, senior in journalism and Spanish, is managing editor of The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “'Bachelor' contestant has Auburn ties” on social media.