Tigers picked fourth in SEC preseason poll

This is the third-highest projection for the Tigers in the preseason poll since 2000. This year they are behind Kentucky, Florida and LSU but just above Alabama and Tennessee, who they beat in the 2019 SEC championship game.

J'Von McCormick (12) during UVA vs. Auburn on Saturday, April 6, 2019, in Minneapolis, Minn.

Auburn is projected to finish fourth in the SEC preseason poll, a year removed from an SEC Tournament championship and a Final Four appearance last season.

The Tigers didn't have any players named to the first or second SEC preseason teams. Following the departures of Chuma Okeke, Bryce Brown, Jared Harper, Malik Dunbar and Horace Spencer, Auburn is looking towards veterans Austin Wiley and Samir Doughty to step up and fill key roles. The returning starters will be joined by a group of premier freshmen, including the No. 36 overall player out of high school, Isaac Okoro and several other highly touted recruits. 

After an exhibition match on Nov. 1 against Eckerd, the Tigers will officially start their season Nov. 5 against Georgia Southern at 8 p.m. CT in Auburn. Conference play will begin Jan. 4 at Mississippi State.

Before the season starts, both the men's and women's basketball teams can be seen this Thursday Oct. 17,  at Tipoff at Toomer’s beginning at 4 p.m. CT. The event is free to attend and open to the public. It will include 3-point contests, dunk contests and a 3-on-3 challenge. 

Share and discuss “Tigers picked fourth in SEC preseason poll” on social media.