SGA, ISO join forces to host annual Fall Feast

<p>A cornucopia during&nbsp;Auburn Global Thanksgiving on Friday, Nov. 18, 2016&nbsp;in Foy Hall.&nbsp;</p>

A cornucopia during Auburn Global Thanksgiving on Friday, Nov. 18, 2016 in Foy Hall. 

For students who are unable to go home to celebrate Thanksgiving, staying on campus can be an isolating experience.

Auburn’s SGA and International Student Organization have teamed up to host the Fall Feast on Monday, Nov. 25, at noon in the Student Center Ballroom for students who will spend all or part of their break in Auburn. This will be the second year the event is held.

“Fall Feast was created with the purpose of catering to students who might not be able to go home for the Thanksgiving Break, many of which are international students, but all students are welcome,” said Ashley Satterfield, SGA executive vice president of outreach. “The target audience is any and all students who are still in Auburn on the 25th of November.”

According to Satterfield, many of the 400 attendees of last year’s Fall Feast were international students.

“ISO and SGA have worked with Tiger Catering again this year to ensure that the menu is inclusive to all cultures and diets,” Satterfield said.

An advertisement for the event stated that “no pork or beef will be used in the meal’s preparation.”

“In my opinion, Fall Feast is an awesome example of the Auburn Family coming together to create a welcoming and inclusive environment during a time that could be isolating for students still in town during the holiday,” Satterfield said.

Trice Brown | Campus Editor

Trice Brown, sophomore in english language arts education, is the campus editor of The Auburn Plainsman.

@trice_tm

campus@theplainsman.com

Share and discuss “SGA, ISO join forces to host annual Fall Feast” on social media.