Auburn's game on Saturday moved up to 11 a.m.

Auburn Men's Basketball defeats Vanderbilt 83-79 on Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

No. 5 Auburn’s game against Georgia on Saturday has now been moved up for an 11 a.m. tipoff because of the possible severe weather.    

The game was originally scheduled for a 5 p.m. tipoff inside Auburn Arena but with the threat of severe weather, the decision was made Friday afternoon to move the start time.

The game will now be televised on ESPNews instead of the original channel which was ESPN.

The Auburn area is predicted to experience weather on Saturday from about 2 to 8 p.m. CST, according to the National Weather Service. The Alabama Emergency Management Agency is predicting storms to enter Alabama around 9 a.m. and leave the state around 9 p.m. CST. 

Lee County is an “enhanced risk” location. This means a possibility of winds up to 70 mph, tornadoes and severe thunderstorms, according to the NWS.

For those seeking shelter, Auburn University's Greene Hall and the Ralph Draughon Library will be open day and night if a tornado watch is issued. Greene Hall is located in the College of Veterinary Medicine.

Share and discuss “ Auburn's game on Saturday moved up to 11 a.m.” on social media.