Coaches poll picks Auburn softball to finish 11th in SEC

<p>Alyssa Rivera (21) celebrates after a hit during Auburn Softball vs. South Carolina, on Friday, April 12, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Alyssa Rivera (21) celebrates after a hit during Auburn Softball vs. South Carolina, on Friday, April 12, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

While the season doesn’t start until Feb. 7, the Auburn softball team will look to improve after being picked to finish 11th in the SEC softball preseason coaches poll. Alabama, the 2019 regular-season winner, was picked to finish first.

After going 39-21 (10-14 SEC) in 2019, the Tigers saw Taylon Snow, Camryn Greenwood, Tate Moseley and Chardonnay Harris all transfer after last season. Snow was third on the team batting .324 on the season while Harris pitched 106 innings while going 11-7 with a 2.91 ERA.

Along with transfers, Auburn had Casey McCrackin, Bree Fornis, Morgan Podany, Kendall Veach and Makayla Martin all graduate. McCrackin led the team batting .342 with 65 hits and seven home runs. Veach batted .289 but led the team with 20 home runs. 

Auburn returns Alyssa Rivera, who finished second on the team, batting .333 last season.

With all of the losses, Auburn comes into the year with nine freshmen on the roster and four sophomores. Among those freshman is the former Alabama Gatorade Player of the Year, KK Dismukes. 

Auburn will have just six seniors on the roster and will look for them to play a big role this season.

The Tigers will start their season in Clearwater, Florida, playing in the NFCA Leadoff Classic. They’ll play Baylor, Notre Dame, Liberty, Texas State and Illinois. Their first home game comes on Feb. 13 against Kennesaw State. 

Share and discuss “Coaches poll picks Auburn softball to finish 11th in SEC” on social media.