AU investigating pharmacy school for possible cheating

<p>The Harrison School of Pharmacy on Auburn University's campus.</p>

The Harrison School of Pharmacy on Auburn University's campus.

Correction: The students who allegedly cheated were graduate students, not undergraduates. The Plainsman sincerely regrets the error.

A cheating investigation is underway in the Harrison School of Pharmacy, the University confirmed Thursday.

The news was first reported by WRBL after it obtained an email from Richard Hansen, the dean of the Harrison School of Pharmacy, that was addressed to faculty.

The email expressed the possibility of widespread cheating among students in the pharmacy school. In the email, Hansen said they are investigating the matter and leniency would be shown toward students who cooperate with the investigation.

Hansen issued the following statement through the University's Office of Communication and Marketing:

“Once we became aware of an issue within a contained group of students, we acted in accordance with university and school policy and took immediate action to investigate and take all appropriate steps. We hold academic integrity very seriously and are working diligently to address the situation as quickly as possible.”

Eduardo Medina | Editor-in-chief

Eduardo Medina, senior in journalism, is the editor-in-chief of The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “AU investigating pharmacy school for possible cheating” on social media.